Most of us are in constant mental chatter with ourselves. Believe it or not, we talk to ourselves all day long. Unfortunately, a majority of this self-talk is negative. It is often tainted with guilt about our past, anxiety about our future, or dissatisfaction of the now. This, seemingly harmless, self-talk has the ability to destroy dreams, diminish happiness, and crush any sense of self-worth.
Our thoughts are more influential than you may think, so continually strive for a positive mindset. Don’t be a prisoner of your own mind. Take your power back by following these simple steps:
- Wake up each day with a grateful heart. Begin your day with the intention of actually being happy, and push out any negative self-talk by considering the bigger picture of your life. Remind yourself who you are and who you wish to become.
- Talk about your blessings more than you talk about your burdens. It may be difficult, I know. In our culture we are so used to the accustomed gossip that comes with our ladies lunches or afternoon phone call with mom. Pay attention. Most people don’t realize how negatively they speak about themselves until someone asks them to become aware of it. Practice sharing only positive news.
- Worrying is like a rocking chair- it’s something to do but it won’t get you anywhere. This is one of my favorite reminder quotes. Instead of worrying about things you cannot change, focus on what you can: your attitude, your mindset, and your energy.
- Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love. You wouldn’t tell someone you love that they aren’t good enough, or strong enough, or smart enough. You wouldn’t tell someone you love that they are too fat, or too thin, or unattractive. You also wouldn’t take that treatment from someone else. So, why are you continually doing it to yourself? Don’t put yourself down. You deserve better than that!
- Lastly- Remind yourself (everyday) that you have the patience, the strength, and the passion to achieve your ambitions, your goals, and your dreams. All you have to do is try.
THINK POSITIVE & POSITIVE THINGS WILL HAPPEN, I PROMISE!