“80 percent of success is showing up.” -Woody Allen
How do you find the motivation to exercise when you just don’t feel like getting up off your butt? I ask myself this questions every now and then, and I have a feeling that I’m not the only one.
There are numerous ways to motivate yourself to exercise, a million. But everyone is different. Something that motivates one person may not motivate another. I’m going to share my top 5 motivators that have worked for me and, hopefully, a few will work for you!
- How you feel after a workout. This has to be my top motivator. I feel great, amazing, strong, sexy, and invincible after a workout. It’s high that I’ve become addicted to. I let that high serve as my motivation for the next time. “You know how good you’re going to feel, Jill!”
- YOU time. Many of us spend our days taking care of things- at our workplace, our home, our children, our families. Most of us lead such busy lifestyles that we forget to take care of ourselves! A workout lets you spend time taking caring of you… for you! It should be a priority!
- Fitness Blogs. I often read fitness blogs if I feel like I need extra motivation. Other people’s success inspires me. Plus, it is a great way to acquire new exercise tips and tricks.
- Exercise Classes. Sometimes it’s hard to motivate yourself to go to the gym alone. I find it easier to get out of the house if I know I have to be at an exercise class at X time. I also find the instructors and/or individuals in my exercise class to be extreme motivators!
- Motivational Quotes. I like to print them out in pretty fonts and colors and hang them on my wall, use them as a background on my cellphone, desktop, or under a fridge magnet.
So, what motivates you? Please share!