SO WHAT IS IT?
High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) describes any workout that alternates between intense bursts of activity and fixed periods of less-intense activity or even rest. For example, doing as many jumping jacks as you can in 30-seconds and then resting for 30-seconds. It’s a really simple concept.
SO WHAT’S THE BIG DEAL?
- Efficient: Super-efficient HIIT is the ideal workout for a busy schedule- whether you want to fit a workout in during your lunch break or get in shape for a fast-approaching event. Research shows that you can achieve more progress in a mere 15-minutes of HIIT (done 3x per week) than a girl jogging on the treadmill for an hour.
- Burn More Fat: Not only do you burn more calories during a HIIT workout, but the effect of all that intense exertion kicks your body’s repair cycle in hyperdrive. That means you burn more fat and calories in the 24 hours after a HIIT workout than you do, let’s say, during a steady-pace run.
- Healthy Heart: Most people aren’t used to pushing into the anaerobic zone (that lovely place where you feel like you can breathe and your heart is pumping out of your chest). But in this case, extreme training produces extreme results. One study found that after 6-weeks of HIIT training, participants could bike twice as long as they could before the study, while maintaining the same pace.
- Lose Fat, Not Muscle: Anyone who’s been on a diet knows that it’s extremely difficult to lose weight while maintaining muscle mass. While steady state cardio seems to encourage muscle loss, studies show that both HIIT and weight training helps preserve hard earned muscle while ensuring that most of the weightloss comes from fat stores!
- Increased Metabolism: In addition to increased fat burning and preserved muscle, HIIT stimulates production of your Human Growth Hormone (HGH) by up to 450% during the 24 hours after you finish your workout. This is great news since HGH is not only responsible for increased caloric burn
Want a FREE Personalized HIIT Workout? Email me at email@example.com!